Styna, Munchkin and Bones!

Styna, Munchkin and Bones!
Mischief Managed!

Wednesday 25 January 2012

MauveMagpie

One of the things that we have decided to do this year is highlight the work of other crafty people, in terms of blogs, or projects, or shops.

The first of these is MauveMagpie, who turns out to be a very nice lady in Scotland who is also called Lauren (we're awesome, I'm telling you!). She has a very nice shop on Etsy, where she sells her custom handmade jewellery, which is how I found out about her.

You know that thing where you shouldn't go on Etsy if your only other companions for the evening are a bottle of wine and a debit card? Well in this case, it turned out to be a very good thing indeed. In my semi-drunken optimism, I stumbled across a stamped metal bookmark that made me smile, and immediately got sucked into the rest of the shop.

MauveMagpie has a really good eye for design, particularly when it comes to metal stamping (and I just love her Gummy Bear charms!) - her use of empty space to emphasise a design is really effective, and makes for some stunning jewellery. Her strong sense of humour is often at the forefront of her work, and I'd highly recommend her to anyone looking for a gift or treat :)

'Rawr!' Bookmark


Gummy Bears galore!


Dandelion and Fluff Earrings


'Eat Me' Fork


Marauders Bookmark (one of which I am now the proud and happy owner)



You can keep up to date with more of her marvelous creations on her website.

(Images: All images belong to MauveMagpie, no infringements of any kind intended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment